Posted by CharityDesserts Gluten Free Vegetarian 0 comments
I just made this last night… wow! Rich, thick and delicious!
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
1/8-1/4 cup agave (to taste)
4 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate, cut into slivers OR 12 tablespoons cocoa powder*
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla
1) Put egg yolk in a medium bowl and whisk.
2) Heat milk and chocolate over medium heat, stirring regularly until you attain a rolling boil – about 10 minutes.
3) Lower heat to low. Take about 1/3-1/2 of the mixture into the bowl of egg yolks and blend together.
4) Add egg mixture to chocolate mixture and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5) Remove from heat, add vanilla – stir. Place in 4 small serving bowls.
6) Cool for 2 hours or overnight.
* If you opt for cocoa powder, add 3 tablespoons of pure butter as well.